SECTION – 1 INTRODUCTION
- When you place an order with our store on www.thehouseofrare.com
SECTION – 3 PURPOSE
The purpose of this policy is to highlight various practices and tools that support in compliance with data privacy regulations applicable to THOR in its role as both data controller as well as data processor, as applicable (if any).
SECTION – 4 APPLICABILITY
- everyone who accesses and uses www.thehouseofrare.comand the web pages contained within, including but not limited to external legal entities in any form or manner
- THOR customers and third-party service providers who use these websites who use or access these websites, themselves or through their representatives
SECTION – 5 COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We strive to keep your personal information secure and take reasonable effort to ensure that appropriate security and technical controls are implemented to ensure data security. Only selected and authorized employees, business partners, vendors and other third-party providers may have access to this information.
THOR ensures that its third-party service providers employ industry standard security measures to ensure the security of information through legally binding terms and conditions. However, users of www.thehouseofrare.com are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of these websites. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to legal consequences.
SECTION – 6 WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, contact, email address and mailing address.
SECTION – 7 SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
THOR does not intentionally or intentionally collect any special categories of personal data (sensitive personal information) via our websites. Sensitive personal information includes: information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; information concerning health; information concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation; and in some cases, social security numbers or financial information.
SECTION – 8 CONSENT
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOU CONSENT?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit / debit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
THOR obtains consent from individuals prior to:
- collecting, using, or processing their personal information in certain ways or sharing the individual’s personal information with any third party;
- transferring the individual’s personal information outside of the individual’s country of residence; or
- using or placing web cookies on an individual’s computer or other electronic device.
HOW CAN YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTROL OF YOUR INFORMATION
THOR additionally provides individuals with the right to control their personal information, which includes the right to access, modify, erase, restrict, transmit, or object to certain uses of their information.
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress or object to the use or processing of your personal information that collected through our websites or information provided by you when you avail any of the services provided by THOR. You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information collected through the websites or our services by e-mailing us email@example.com . We may need to verify your identity, before processing your request.
Under the conditions set out under applicable law, you have the following rights:
- The right to access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Information. The access information includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Information undergoing processing. For additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate Personal Information concerning you.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your Personal Information. In this case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to ask us to provide you your Personal Information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- The right to object: You also have a right to object to us processing your Personal Information in certain circumstances. However, such a right to object may not exist in certain situations, for e.g. if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary (as applicable) to fulfil your orders, to take steps prior to entering into a contract, to perform a contract already concluded, or if the Personal Information is relevant to a legal dispute. In such cases, we may not stop processing your Personal Information.
- In case of complaints you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority appointed under applicable law, or if you are an EU resident, the member state of your habitual residence for an alleged privacy breach.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information that you have provided to us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access or requests can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within 30 days.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain information to which we are unable to enable you to review, for legal, security, or other reasons.
THOR reserves the right to decline access to your personal information under certain circumstances. If your personal information is not disclosed to you, you will be provided with the reasons for this non-disclosure.
SECTION – 9 DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION
- THOR may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes;
- to enforce our terms and conditions; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
- We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- permitted or required by law; or,
- trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or,
- investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
If THOR goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information collected through our website(s) may be among the assets transferred. A prominent notice will appear on our website(s) for 30 days after any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
THOR is a global organization and provides a global service. Sharing information cross borders may be essential so that you receive the same high-quality service wherever you are in the world. As a result, we may, subject to applicable law, transfer Personal and Other Information collected in connection with the Services, to these entities in countries where information protection standards may differ from those in the country where you reside. By using any THOR-branded service, you understand that we may transfer your personal information globally as deemed appropriate.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION – 10 PAYMENT
We use Razorpay / Paytm for processing payments. We / Razorpay do not store your card data on their servers. The data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) when processing payment. Your purchase transaction data is only used as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is not saved with THOR.
Our payment gateway adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION – 11 THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
SECTION – 12 RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be retained in a form which enables THOR to identify the individual for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected and used. Your personal data may be retained in certain files for a period of time as required by applicable law and following THOR’s data retention policies in order to comply with such financial or legal requirements, to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. If you wish that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us via the information above. We will respond to your request to access or delete your information within 30 days.
In addition, some types of information may be stored for an infinite duration due to legal requirements or technical constraints, and will, if practical, be blocked from further processing for purposes which are not mandatory by law or when a consent is withdrawn. The information that you provide may be stored or transferred in our systems or on the systems provided by our third parties.
SECTION – 14 QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at B9 Beverages Private Limited (THOR), H – 106, Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110001 or by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
RADHAMANI TEXTILES PVT LTD
27 VTMS Arcade, Yellankunte Mangalampalya,
Hosur Road, Bangalore 560068 Toll Free : 1800-4198-440